Last updated: December 6, 2021
Online Interest-Based Advertising
We and third parties collect information about your online activity on devices associated with you to provide you with personalized (or interest-based) advertising online.
How to Opt Out
- You can adjust your device settings or browser choice to opt out of interest-based advertising. For example, you can use Brave’s browser with built-in tracker and ad blockers.
- You can use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool to opt out of interest-based advertising
- For websites, opt out on the Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices Tool
Practical Tip: These opt out tools are limited to the device and web browser you use to opt out because they work off of your device ID or browser ID. If you use another device or browser, you will need to opt out on each device and browser. If you block or clear cookies from your browser, it may remove the opt out setting, requiring you to opt out again.
Social Media Interest-Based Advertising
We and our social media partners collect information about your online activity when you interact with our sites and applications.
How to Opt Out
- Google / YouTube: You can choose to block certain ads, or opt out or adjust ad personalization in Google’s Ad Settings.
- Facebook: Follow on how to adjust or opt out of Facebook partner advertising
- Twitter: Adjust your Twitter ad personalization settings on Twitter’s Account Personalization page
- Snapchat: Follow these instructions from Snapchat on how to adjust or opt out of Snapchat partner advertising
- TikTok: Follow these instructions from TikTok on how to adjust or opt out of TikTok personalized ads
Nielsen Audience Measurement
Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings is a tool that, according to its website, combines “census-based data, Nielsen panel assets, advanced machine learning methodologies, and strategic third-party datasets” to assist advertisers in measuring and characterizing their advertising audiences.